Jul 16, 2015

7.9.15

dc day 1


We've come to Washington for Russ's high school reunion.  Since the high school was an international school in New Dehli, India it obviously wasn't held there.  Rather it takes place in our nations capital and people come from all over the world to attend.   It is a school wide event, encompassing all years rather than the traditional graduating class reunion like we have here in the states.  

I didn't like high school very much and I've never attended my own reunions.  But AES, Russ's school, and it's students seem to be very different.  Having grown up as third culture kids; an isolated bubble in a foreign culture, they've formed their own culture and are more like a family than anything else.  So for the past year Russ has been telling me how important it is to him for me to attend and meet so many of the people closest to him in one spot.  

So here we are at last.  Many people to meet and functions to attend. I have a cold.  But it will not stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment