Jul 16, 2015

7.10.15

I love the house we are staying at.  It is full of interesting Asian furniture and fabrics and stuffed with books that are intriguing and intimidating.  I'm getting inspired by the lives lived by the people I'm meeting.  A few years ago I could never have imagined living in Islamabad after 9/11.  I could only glimpse working with populations in Africa and elsewhere to research family planning and it's challenges.  I never even thought about what it might be like to grow up part of the Nepalese royal family.  Now I have faces for these stories.  Not only are they wild adventures - they are real lives, lived by real people.  People I now know!  I am leaving here with about 30 more books on my to-read list and 100's of ideas for the future bursting out of my brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment