Aug 17, 2015

8.16.15

I am so proud that I finished this book (finally!) and cannot stress enough how dense Tantric philosophy is.  At least to me.  Here is a small example from a page I just randomly selected:

"The Vishvodara Nadi flows between the Kuhu and Hastajihva Nadis and resides in the area of the naval.  This Nadi is connected with the digestion of all kinds of food.  The Vishvodara Nadi can be energized by the yogic exercises nauli kriya and Uddiyana Bandha (detailed later in this chapter), which involve contracting the rectal/abdominal muscles.  Vishvodara Nadi is related to the adrenal glands and the pancreas and, together with the Varuni Nadi improves the distribution and flow of prana throughout the body, especially the prana that rises through the Sushumna Nadi."

You know what's really crazy to me?  I completely understand this.

No comments:

Post a Comment