Jun 30, 2014

6.20.14

As I watched Andrew Bird play tonight in a giant barn, in a park at the foot of the mountains I felt very deeply and profoundly that I am home.  That for the first time in a long time I am settling in for a  while.  I have lived many places, and traveled many too, but sitting in the audience last night I realized that whatever else I am feeling about all the things in my life - I am feeling at home.  It's something I cannot remember feeling in a very, very, long time.  

This unadulterated feeling of belonging has been elusive and I've been chasing it.  I've found moments of it and parts of it, but underneath something was always a bit skewed.  The fit was never just right.  Somehow, though, in the last place I'd ever look at the moment I'd given up; I found it.  

I have rambled enough to know nothing lasts.  But for this moment my heart is full and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment