Oct 1, 2013

9.24.13

since starting my photo project in december of 2008 alot of changes have occurred; as they do in 5 years of life.  i turned the photo project - at least one photo everyday - into a blog and an obsession, an obsession that completely turned my life around.  what started as a tool to help me with my sobriety, my one day at a time mentality, became a visual journal of my life and motivated me to make my life more interesting in order to have more interesting photos.  i quickly realized that far, far too much of my time was spent in an office and i decided to change that.  this caused me to start hiking alot, adventuring alot, getting out into the world in order to find my one photo of the day.  eventually i quit my job, got rid of my things and became a wanderer, in search of adventure and of course - the photo.  

in it's time this blog has been the photo journal of a photographer, a vagabond, a gypsy, a traveler, a pirate, a farmer, a dreamer and a doer.  now it's the journal of a yoga instructor.  it's seen me sober and un-sober, sick and healthy, poor, rich, poor again, rich again, single, coupled, single again and completely in love.  it's inspired me, annoyed me, comforted me, guilt-tripped me, and delighted me.  it's recorded my many homes; tents, tree-houses, cabins, mansions in cities and mountains and beaches around the world.  it's reconnected me with people i thought i'd lost, kept me connected with family who had no idea if i was even alive and it's been a way for my friends to know my life even when i'd seemingly dropped off the face of the earth.  this blog is a real documentation of my life.  however, lately i've felt a disconnect, perhaps because once again i've evolved and my blog format hasn't quite caught up.  there is a huge part of my life that isn't being properly represented.  as cliche as it sounds (and i know that it does

yoga has changed my life.

this new chapter i'm living, this holistic chapter, i'm living to the fullest and yet my blog is still the journal of a traveling photographer.  the thing that excites me most during the day is teaching and practicing and....... fucking making hummus and the photo i post is.......... the beach.  i don't know....

anyway i'm going to attempt to evolve my blog a little here.  it may not happen all at once and it may prove really annoying to blog followers.  but whatever, i'm gonna get yogasmic and see where it goes. 

namaste bitches, xx.

2 comments: