May 1, 2013

5.1.13

 "...an important part of my packing includes leaving out.  in an effort to maintain the lightness of gypsy life i leave things everywhere i go; sweaters in hotel drawers, eyeshadows in gas station bathrooms, paper cranes in taxi's.
   now i am leaving an entire summer wardrobe as i prepare to exchange, momentarily, my home in the heat for the may snow of the rockies.  i'm returning to colorado with impressions of this brief beach adventure imprinted on the backs of my eyelids.  when i close my eyes i see cliffs of plumeria trees; blossoms blowing in the setting sun, howler monkeys above me, agates in the surf, my pink toenails peaking out through sandy feet, mangoes smashed all over the dry earth, the slick stillness in the shady end of the pool, the quiet triumph in a well made meal, the glow of campfires and setting suns and full moons.

   and i carry something with me that i never want to leave behind.  inspiration.  i found it here again somehow, washed up on the shore...."

No comments:

Post a Comment