Feb 25, 2013

2.22.13

abmigration location

"....it's cold here; very, very cold and my years as a fair weather, long distance migrant have thinned my skin.  all the adaptation to sub-freezing temperatures has been beached out of me.  i. am. freezing.  it's been snowing pretty much everyday since i got here and i have spent most of my time inside.  the snow is beautiful.  but it's vicious.
this home is not the obvious choice for me; not warm, not exotic, not fraught with adventure, not unique in form or design.  it's comfortable and cozy and sparsely decorated.  it is a stopping point.  a mountain nest on a trans-global migration map.  true we're here in the wrong season and my feathers are ruffled.  there is in fact only one thing that could draw me back up to this altitude at this time of year.  love.  it's his nest by necessity and therefore mine by choice...."

No comments:

Post a Comment