Jul 21, 2010

7.19.10

barbary coast

dear san francisco,
it's been 6 years now, the best 6 years of my life so far. i hope you'll understand when i say that it's not you - it's me. you are beautiful. you are amazing. you are doing great things.
it's been so hard coming to this decision, the decision to leave you here. indeed i've thought of it before but you always did something cute and i just couldn't bring myself to go. this time is different; the time has finally come. i can't commit to you forever while always wondering if there was something beyond your borders that i was missing out on. i'm young and free and i have to do this now.
i hope you know that you'll always have my heart, no matter how cliche that sounds. i'll carry visions of your beauty out into the world with me. and i'll be back.
love,
marin*

p.s. you are kind of expensive.

1 comment:

  1. this brought a tear to my eye.

    you will be missed my dear.

    i love you always*

    ReplyDelete